Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Break In Cali

Last week, the WHOLE week, I went to California with some amazing friends, and boyf. (an amazing boyf.). It was so fun! We of course hit a few unexpected snags along the way (flat tire an hour into the trip, parking ticket, speeding ticket, scorching sunburn) but it was so fun, and beautiful there.

We were able to rent a house on Balboa Island. The little cottage sleeps 8, but we packed 16 people in there and shared ONE BATHROOM (I don't think I'll ever be able to share a bathroom with that many people again, at least that many boys, but it was an experience). Balboa Island itself is so adorable, the houses are all packed in close together but I'd live in almost any of them there, plus it has the original Frozen Banana Stand there, yum! We spent most of our days at various beaches, and went whale watching, and shopping at Fashion Island. Unfortunately we didn't make it to Disneyland, but when I return in August I'm really hoping we can make it.

Here are a few pics from the trip, of course I should have taken more but oh well.

Here are the guys at Newport Beach digging some sort of hole. I never really understood what they were doing with it, and the next day it was completely covered!




The last day we crossed the Balboa Island Ferry to the Newport Beach there (different spot than the first time we went to Newport Beach where said digging occurred). This was such an amazing view, and probably one of my favorite days despite the bird that dropped one on me. I love this view, it's one of the many reasons I would happily live in California, mainly the Newport area.

And last but certainly NOT least, here is me and Boyf the last day, on the Newport Beach pier. On the pier there were a few people fishing which drew the attention of some sea lions and they were so fun to watch! I took a bunch of pictures of them, but this one is worth sharing more than the ones of sea lions, as cute as they may be, boyf is definitely cuter!
and for some reason it seems to be a little blurry on the comp. regardless it's adorable as my "lock screen" on my iphone. 

I can't wait to go back in August, and maybe it will be warm enough to want to swim in the water, and maybe I'll be ready to don a swimsuit by then and hopefully we'll also be able to go to Disneyland! 
Hope you all had as much fun on your spring break as I did!


1 comment: