- 8 ounces uncooked flat rice noodles (pad Thai noodles)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup (2-inch) green onion pieces
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- 2. While water comes to a boil, combine sugar and next 4 ingredients (through Sriracha) in a small bowl.
- 3. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion pieces, shrimp, and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes or until shrimp is almost done. Add cooked noodles; toss to combine. Stir in sauce; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly to combine. Arrange about 1 cup noodle mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1/4 cup bean sprouts, 1 tablespoon peanuts, and 2 teaspoons basil.
Anyway, make this! The amount says 4 servings but really, I would say 2 1/2 depending on who you're cooking for and how much you normally eat.
Also, I should have taken a picture of Boyf's plate. It was much prettier than my bowl.