Monday, April 2, 2012

Lemon Head Cookies


I saw these cookies on a friends pinterest and thought I'd give 'em a try (I love cookies and especially lemon cookies). They turned out amazingly good. Seriously, so good. The website where the recipe originates from is here. I didn't make any frosting for them the way the blogger does, but I don't think they even need it.

Ingredients:
1 Cup of Butter
1 Cup of White Sugar
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
The zest from 1 Lemon
2 Tsp of Lemon Extract
2 Eggs
1/4 Tsp of Salt
1 Tsp of Baking Soda
3 Cups of Flour
6 oz Bag of Lemonheads-Crushed into smaller pieces

First, cream together the sugars, butter and lemon zest. Next add in the Lemon Extract and the eggs as well; Mix until everything is incorporated.
Now we get to add in the dry ingredients: Salt, Baking Soda & Flour.
You want to add enough flour to make a stiff dough. 

And finally, add in the crushed Lemon-heads.
Bake in the oven @ 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes {just a little golden, mine took exactly 10}.  When I take them out of the oven, I let them sit on the pan for another minute or two to set up.  You don't want to eat one of these lovely's right out of the oven because of the melted candy-you don't want to burn your mouth.  After a couple of minutes, I then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool down.

Side note: The candy gets a little stuck to the pan so when you slide them off with the spatula you have to be a little careful not to break the cookies into a million pieces (as I did with the first few when I wasn't careful with my spatula).

2 comments:

  1. Now I have a big time craving for these, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a springy cookie idea! I have been in the mood for soury stuff lately.

    ReplyDelete