Wednesday, October 7, 2009

book update


okay, last night i finally finished "My Antonia". It took me longer because i had to take a break and read a different book that i simply could not put down, i read most of it one sunday afternoon, but i'll get to that book later. My Antonia was a great novel, i think the real reason i enjoyed it is because it was a really good look into a pioneers life (not momo. pioneer) but it was really interesting. I think the way you can tell an author is good is if you truly care for the characters and i really felt for them in this book. they had real trials, different than what we face today. I have to say i wasn't absolutely completely satisfied with the ending but i'm still very glad i read it.








"The Hunger Games" is probably one of the best books i've read this year. I was so glued to it i think i sat and read it for 3 straight hours one sunday. It was so unbelievably good! if you don't know anything about it i'll give you a quick, very brief summary. It takes place far in the future and basically every kid, once they turn 12 and going up until they are 18 have to enter their name in a drawing for something called the hunger games. the hunger games take place annually and a boy and girl from each district have to participate. Basically they have to fight each other to the death. it sounds absolutely barbaric and the idea is, but man is it a good book. i really can't wait for my turn to read the second one!

1 comment:

  1. I am like number 165 on the list of holds for this book. I might as well go by it. Glad to know that another person likes it!

    ReplyDelete