Wednesday, August 24, 2011

California

On August 6th one of my very best friends got married in California and Boyf and I were lucky enough to be able to attend and it was so special and I'm so glad we were there.

Melanie has pretty much been my best friend since I was hmmmm 13, 14? I've at least known her for sure since middle school. She's been mentioned in a lot of my previous posts but just in case you don't know that much about Melanie you should know that after talking to her for 5 minutes you will realize that even though you thought you were fairly witty you're really not, and you'll know because you laughed for 4 of those 5 minutes. She's also the kind of person who is so effortlessly chic and sometimes I hate it because something that  looks like she just threw on will totally outshine your 45 minutes of getting ready. Remember how you were laughing for four minutes after talking to Mel? Well the other minute was spent on some serious conversation about politics or the environment or some subject in which you'll realize you are not as well versed as you should be. At least, that's what happens to me. Melanie is also a great baker/cook. She's always making delicious treats, that are for the most part vegan. I'm really going to miss her treats.

Basically Melanie is one of the best people I've ever known and as a friend she's even better. I've always been able to trust her and I'm pretty sure that she's known everything that's transpired in my life since I met her way back in middle school.

I'm so happy for Mel and I'm so happy that she chose to marry a guy that I like hanging out with. I feel like, once your friends get married you are pretty lucky if you can establish a pretty good rapport with their spouse (I realize it's not that rare to like your friends spouse but I really like Brad) and Brad couldn't be any cooler, just ask Boyf. I think Boyf. talks about Brad more than Mel (I guess that kind of makes sense cause he's a guy? But we both knew Mel first), and it's actually pretty cute, Boyf. kind of talks about Brad like they're both kids. For example, if Boyf. says, "I wonder if Brad would like such and such show" it kind of sounds like "I wonder if Brad would like to play with Star Wars toys". I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's just the tone of excitement from Boyf, like, that another boy that he thinks is cool might like the same thing he does. Anyway, we love Brad. (And if Brad ever wants to play with Star Wars toys with Boyf. I'm sure Boyf. would be pretty excited.)

As far as the rest of the time we spent in California we got to go to Newport Beach. The water was actually warm enough for me to play in, so that was actually the first time I've been in the ocean.

We spent a day at Disneyland and besides the wedding this was probably the highlight of the trip. Boyf. had never been to Disneyland before and I was more excited about that then anything else. Boyf wanted to go but I didn't feel true enthusiasm from him until we walked into the Star Tours building and he said "Whoa, this is awesome!". That was probably the best moment of Disneyland for me.
Here are two picks of us at Disnelyand:
AH! Boyf has a Wookie on his back!!!!
Splash Mountain! Boyf was brave and sat right in the front.

Obviously I was a terrible picture taker, and I am so SO mad at myself for it. SO MAD. I always do this, and then I vow to do better in the future. I really am going to try, but it's also hard when your main camera (on my iphone) doesn't have flash, this tells me that for my future posterity and when I have Alzheimer's I'll really have wished I had flash camera so I can look back and remember the fun times.


p.s. if you'd like to see a lovely picture of Mel and Brad on their wedding day go here

No comments:

Post a Comment