Sunday, August 28, 2011

7-minute, Easy No Bake Cookies

One day, a day about a week and half ago, I was craving some chocolate. I needed a treat STAT! I only had about an hour and half before work and I still had to shower and get ready, so I needed something that would be quick and easy. I remembered pinning a recipe for some no bake cookies, and decided to try them out since I (miraculously) had all the ingredients in my tiny cupboards.
Find the pinned, original recipe here

No Bake Cookies:
Printer Friendly Version
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 stick oleo, margarine or butter (I used butter)
  • 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 cups oatmeal (old fashioned rolled oats, not instant)
Mix the sugar, butter, cocoa, and milk in a medium saucepan.* Boil for 1 minute.
Add the peanut butter and vanilla. Mix quickly until peanut butter melts, then add the oatmeal and mix til well blended.
Drop spoonfuls on tin foil, wax paper or parchment. Allow to set and cool completely.
Makes 2 dozen 3 inch cookies.

They literally took 5-7 minutes totally satiated my treat craving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment