Friday, February 10, 2012

Taco Soup

This taco soup has, so far, been the most successful crock pot recipe I've tried so far. And it was so, extremely successful that my crock pot purchase was worth it just for this soup. I'm not lying when I say that I can not see myself EVER getting sick of it. It's so easy, SO EASY and there is lots of room for experimenting. I know for a fact that I over-use superlatives on this blog, everything is the "BEST" and whatever, but know that I am not overdoing it this time.

Taco Soup (orginally found on pinterest and taken from this recipe)

2 chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cans Ro-Tel (I could only find the original at Smith's which was, tomatoes and green chiles)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn
1 onion, chopped
2 cans low-sodium chicken broth
1-2 cups of water
1 Tbsp garlic powder*
1 Tbsp chile powder*
1 Tbsp ground cumin*
1 Tbsp dried cilantro*

*I used a taco seasoning packet instead (worked fine)

Put chopped onion, cans of beans, rotel, corn, chicken broth, water, and spices in CrockPot and stir to mix. Put chicken breasts on top of mixture and make sure they're at least partly submerged in liquid. Cook on high 6-7 hours or low 8-9 hours. Before serving remove the chicken breasts from soup and shred, if needed, (sometimes they'll just fall apart on their own, but sometimes they need some help). Return chicken to CrockPot, stir to combine.

*I did not remove my chicken, I used my wooden spoon that I had stirred it up with to just kind of "mush" the chicken and it just fell apart

-This makes probably 5-6 servings? I had it for lunches and dinners for the next 3-4 days.

Add cheese, chips and sour cream to your liking, you know I did!

P.S. You know this is good because Boyf. said he would eat it if I made it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment