Friday, January 6, 2012

My non-Holiday, Holiday Post No. 2

After Finishing the last post I realized that I had in fact taken a few pics revolving around Christmas. Mostly they are of tree decorations on the tree at my parents house, but that's still fun.
These are some of my favorite tree ornaments that have been around longer than me, which isn't terribly long, but still, they've been around (except for the madeline head).
 My brother Michael made this bear of pom poms when he was a kid and it's probably one of the goofiest ornaments we have. I clearly remember a Christmas when he made a point to hang it at the top of the tree, in place of a star (and this was probably only a few years ago, when he was in his mid 20s, not when he was young).
 This cow is one of my most favorites we have. There is also a cat and horse that look similar but the blue cow is just the best. I even instagramed it.
 My sister-in-law gave me a cute Madeline ornament and I think in storage the head broke from the body, so now it's just a Madeline head. This year my sister asked my Dad which was his favorite ornament and he pointed to this one. So, despite it being just a head it's still loved.

My good friend and I made a Gingerbread (or graham cracker, if we are being technical) tardis. If you don't know what that is, it's the time machine/space traveling machine from Dr. Who. And if you don't know what Dr. Who is, then I seriously think you need to figure that one out on your own. It's really only the coolest show ever. The main character (the doctor) wear suspenders  and bow ties and fez's and Stetsons and he's cool. We tweeted our creation to him but haven't heard back....

Another exciting event this Christmas was the return of Jeff and Melissa!  They've been in Africa for the past 6ish months and we weren't expecting them to come home until this spring, maybe even summer. They surprised us at a Christmas party and it was the best surprise! I think I probably scared everyone when I screamed so loud once I saw them walk into the room. Also, I cried. I was so surprised and happy to see them! So happy they are back!

I think that's all that I have about Christmas. But I'm working on a  New Years resolution and reflection post.

p.s. every time I typed ornaments I spelled it "ornamets" I don't know what that means. But, it was weird for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment