Wednesday, July 13, 2011

More Adult Progression

I finally bought myself a little sewing kit. Since I visit my parents quite often I usually just save up my sewing repairs for my Mother to help with. They are never anything I can't do by myself (at least not yet) but I don't have anything to do it on my own, not even a needle, and the only thread I have is extras that have come with clothes.
As you can see it's not anything amazing. It came with three needles, and a pair of terrible scissors. But, the main point is, I'm progressing. This is a good start of something that will definitely grow, maybe even flourish if you will. You see, with this small kit I can now begin to acquire more thread as needed, and I know that I will. Also, my plan of becoming a seamstress has to start somewhere.

It's a real plan I have. My Mother, and my two sisters can actually sew. Mother used to sew all my Sunday dresses as a child, my next older sister is pretty amazing at quilting, cross stitching and pretty much everything crafty and my oldest sister does cross stitches too! I'm not really the kind of person that can dedicate myself to a specific project if it's not for school or work and usually during school or during work I'm given time to do the projects; it's making me do them on my own that I can't do. This is something that I really need to work on, and it's a goal of mine that I'll probably have to work on for the rest of my life.

Ultimately my goal is to be able to really, truly sew. I'd love to be able to make my own clothes; I've met some people with mad sewing skills and I envy them so much they could never know. Also, I'd love to be able to sew cute little dresses for my children, when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment