Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The End of an Era, or a Year, or Something

It's been many moons since my last post. But let's not dwell on the past, right? It's a new year! New beginnings, new resolutions, new promises to break, new adventures, new experiences and all of those things that come with a new year.

In looking back at the year a lot has happened. Probably the biggest things that happened in my life included mine and boyfs. graduation. He finished his bachelors last May and I only just finished this past December. Of course, I haven't gotten my diploma or anything but I did pass all my classes so I am assuming there are no issues. I also participated in my first study all-nighter. That was…exciting.

I also took one of my most favorite drawing classes ever. I have been posting my projects on instagram so if you follow me there you've probably already seen them. But, here they are, a little round up of most of them (I think there about two or three not pictured, but I finally put them away so there they will stay for the time being).

 Here they are in order. Of course, we didn't start shading until part way through the semester (that middle one is sideways and of eggs),  but I still think there are some major improvements and I really enjoyed the class. I definitely want to take more art classes in the future, specifically, I have painting in mind next.

This is a closeup of my final project. It was supposed to be a sort of "self-portrait" so I decided to draw one of my bunny stuffed animals (I have an embarrassingly large amount of bunny stuffed animals for an adult) and he's looking in a mirror. Clearly that's supposed to be my face in the reflection but as I was drawing it became sort of weird and creepy looking so I went with it. I do like the bunny, the mirror thing is…okay. I like the idea of it.

Anyway, I have been thinking about the coming year and what challenges I want to embark on, but I haven't decided on them yet. So that may be an upcoming post, or not. Who knows. haha. One of my goals is to actually blog more! (surprise surprise).

Also, I have been drinking Apple Cider Vinegar in the morning. Coinciding with one of my goals (can you guess what it is?) Honestly, it's awful. But, if I get my breakfast all ready before drinking it I can usually get through it. I mix 2 T with a cup of water. I have read and tried a few things to make it more…palatable, but nothing has quite taken the bitterness and vinegar-iness away from it so I just try to choke it down as fast as possible. Here's a picture of me doing so this morning. Enjoy. And Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment