Sunday, December 11, 2011

Wish I was Doing...

School is almost over, and I have so many things that I wish I could be doing instead of studying. All my spare time is spent at school. I'll admit there have been a couple days where I decided I just couldn't focus and instead of actually doing something with that time I just slept.

My apartment is a total mess and I don't even have my little fake Christmas tree out. I'm starting to get a little depressed from spending so much time at school studying about Sufism (don't ask me anything about it, I'm still a little shady on the details myself).

Here are some things I wish I was doing instead:



I recently bought my first sewing machine!!! I couldn't be more excited about it, but guess what? It's still in it's box, not even opened and looked at yet. It's sad. I don't know when I'm going to get time to start on any projects, but I wish I could start making some stylish bowties for the men in my life; and I missed my opportunity to buy this sweater when I had the chance and now it's all gone. BUT, I found a diy tutorial on making my own on Pinterest (don't you love pinterest?) and I'm eager to give it a try. Also, this is the greatest sewing starter book and I want it for myself. I have it checked out from the Lib. but it's due soon (and yes I just copy and pasted the picture from amazon, I'm taking a break from Sufism and don't have time to be profesh).
In lieu of buying a sewing machine I went crazy and bought a crock pot too! (my apt. is littered in boxes) and I haven't used it yet. I keep 'liking' and 'pinning' recipes that I want to try.
If I had my little tree out (it's a little smaller than the one pictured) I'd make a paper bunting to go around it like this one here (also a pinterest find).
Last but not least, this is the coolest ABC book I've come across. The pictures are great and I love each letter and the words. Wish I owned it (and yes, amazon picture again).

I hope you are having fun getting into the spirit of Christmas and actually doing Christmasy things unlike me, who is studying Sufism. They don't even practice Christmas so I can't even learn about how they celebrate it. Lame, huh?

p.s. sorry I didn't post any links. Most things are on my pinterest and you can access that to the right, and the others (the books) are from amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment